The health and happiness of our animals is our priority.
We have been pasturing and milking cows for over 20 years.
We have a small heard of Jerseys and cross-Jerseys.
No growth hormones are ever used on our animals.
We decided to become organic certified since our yogurt would be in a marketplace beyond our current farm customers. We never use any chemicals, herbicides or pesticides on our fields.
Our fields, grasses, plants, and animals are certified organic.
- Always have access to the outside and live in a 3-sided barn
in the winter.
- We believe that cows are healthiest when they live outdoors.
- Are only tied up during milking for a short time once a day
in the morning.
- Live with other happy, healthy cows.
- Rarely have the need for veterinarian visits.
- Roam with their mothers and the herd during the day-time.
- Nurse as desired, and are weened when mother and calf
- Sleep together at night in the calf pen under the watchful
eyes of their mothers.