Our yogurt is whole milk and added live cultures, nothing else.
We process our yogurt on-site in our state-of-the-art Micro-dairy
- After milking our Jersey cows, the milk is filtered and immediately cooled.
- Next, we pour it into a vat.
This “bruises” the milk less than most “pipeline” dairies, resulting in a more flavorful milk, and more flavorful yogurt
- The milk is heated, cultured and batched into whole-milk yogurt.
- That’s it! We don’t add any other ingredients.
- The finished yogurt is then packaged and cooled on the farm before being delivered to local stores.
We are a seasonal dairy. You can purchase Callie’s Creamery Yogurt from September through early-Spring in Peterborough, NH at:
- Callie’s Creamery, 100 Old Jaffrey Road (7am – 7pm, 7 days a week)
- The Peterborough Farmer’s Market at the Community Center on Elm Street (Wed. 3 – 5pm)
PLEASE NOTE: We make yogurt on Mondays, it is available Tuesday morning, and we often sell out at the Farmer’s Market on Wednesday afternoon.
A note about our containers:
Deciding on a container was challenging, We settled on a #2 plastic product.
It is reusable and is usually recyclable if it goes to your local recycling center.
The statistics on recycling glass are not good. Some studies site that seven times more energy is used to recycle glass containers than to recycle plastic.